White Tea Loaf
I just wanted to share my recipe for this lovely tea and don't forget to have a cup white tea to hand to enjoy with this delicious cake.
Ingredients - makes 2 loaves
- 450 g (1 lb) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g (4 oz) butter or margarine
- 100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) white cold tea made with four teaspoons
- The infused leaves from the tea finely chopped in the blender
- Base-line and grease two 450 g (1 lb) loaf tins.
- Sift together the flour, and baking powder. Rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and chopped infused white tea leaves into a well in the centre and gradually add the eggs and tea to form a soft dropping consistency.
- Divide the mixture between the two tins and level the surface with the back of a metal spoon. Bake in a moderate oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours, or until a warmed skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the tins and allow to cool on wire racks. Serve sliced and buttered with a cup of Jenier white tea.